Monday 17 May 2010

Pheasant.

4/5/10.
Today at Treverven I saw my first Swift this year.
9/5/10.
The Apple trees that grow along the path to Carn Barges and on the cliffs are now coming into flower, they produce very little fruit as they live in harsh conditions.
Bugle,Dog Daises,Kidney vetch and the first threads of Dodder are appearing.
On the bird front a Mallard drake, Moorhen, Blackcap, Linnet and Willow Warbler, there are young Robins in the garden.
11/5/10.
Two duck flew over the valley early this morning, probably Mallard, I had to take the Landrover for its MOT today and I always put my bike in the back and ride home along the sea wall from Marazion to Penzance and today I had the company of Swallows flying along at my side.
17/5/10.
Walked to Carn Barges this morning and saw Mallard (2), Willow Warbler, Chiff Chaff and a Buzzard at the nest site on the cliffs, on the path a Pheasant chick appeared at my feet and I managed to catch it, while in my hand it let out a loud cheep and the mother came out of the undergrowth and proceeded to put on her broken wing act and led me off along the path until she was satisfied her brood were safe. A small lizard ran across the path on the way back to the cove. Counted 19 Purple Orchids in flower.

1 comment:

  1. Love th story of the pheasant chick.Really made my day.

    ReplyDelete