Sunday 15 March 2009

Bird updates & new flower pictures




Further to the item about the House Sparrows,the original bird is still around and on saturday appeared with another cock bird and also a hen,so there was a lot of posing and posturing to impress her so with luck there may be some young ones in time

I counted the rooks nests at the begining of the week and came up with a total of 90,there may be more to come yet!

Walking up through the woods on saturday afternoon I put up a moorhen along the river bank. The Canada Geese are still around and could possibly be looking to nest.Sand Martins have been reported from several locations and Swallows have been seen on Scilly.Spring Squill is coming in to flower below Carn Barges and the first Stitchwort flowers have appeared. Four Ravens flew down the valley this morning.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian,

    What's happened to the Starling? Where abouts in Lamorna can we see the ravens? Where do sandmartins usually nest? Keep going with the wild life blog it's great. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian,

    I saw the Ravens today and heard them. I wasn't sure,until today, what sort of sound they made,now I know I have altered my poem about Ravens accodingly. Thanks you for mowing he law. Dawn

    ReplyDelete